WARNING!!! Blue Infant/baby NASAL SUCKER - Bulb - Filled with MOLD???

I normally blog just crafts and baking but this was so crazy to me. I don't have small children anymore but I do nanny for a family that does. You know those blue bulb boogie sucker things (technical name I'm sure) the hospital gives you?? 


Well, I love how effective they are but I saw a warning on TV. It said that even if you rinse in hot water or bleach or put in the dishwasher, the inside can not dry properly. It can buildup with mold. The only way to check it is by destroying it (cutting open.) I decided to see if I could check the one (4 months old) that I just used the day before. 


I found some toothpicks and scrapped the inside and pulled out slimy black crud. Pretty sure this thing is filled with mold. {{chills}} Gross!


 Now to cut open..... WOW, so nasty! Covered in mold and I used it the day before on the baby. :(


Just an FYI these are not to be used long term.

The newest things are these "sucker" types and I personally used the NoseFrida one and it works great.

If you just love the bulb they do have one that can be opened. 



Thank you for stopping by!

7 comments

  1. Wow! Thank you! I don't have it anymore, but I never thought to check like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right!! I think I used one for my kids for a year! UGH! Scary. Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. Very appreciated!

      Delete
  2. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any way I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your all post. You have done really good work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I appreciate your working style at the end just my request is please share with us some more great post...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete